19 June 2019
We are recruiting!
KLH Sustainability is looking for a Sustainability Associate to join their London-based team.
KLH Sustainability is a growing sustainable construction consultancy that combines technical integrity with practical delivery. Our projects are predominantly London based, although we do have a small number of national and international clients. We pride ourselves on our knowledge of the capital and have a great working relationship with some of the city’s largest developers and contractors.
KLH is well regarded within the industry for innovative thinking and outstanding communication - through the high-quality of our written documentation, to presentation skills and our ability to pick up the phone to chat to clients rather than simply hiding behind emails.
We pride ourselves on translating complex sustainability challenges in to tangible and deliverable actions. Our way of looking at the world makes people stop and say, “that’s interesting, I’d never thought of it like that”. We are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and offer a supportive environment for the positive rebellion that is required if we are to solve the issues of living within the boundaries of our small planet.
We are quite unusual in our work in that no two client projects are the same. Our current projects include:
- Development and implementation of world-leading sustainability agendas for ambitious clients including regular workshops and engagement with design team members to encourage innovation, support throughout the contractor selection process, data review and development of sustainability case studies for a positive learning legacy;
- Development and implementation of corporate strategy for construction-related business, including drafting of all relevant corporate strategy document, training and up-skilling, 2. development of KPIs and data collection tools;
- Preparation of planning and design documentation for clients including representation at Mayoral design reviews including sustainability statements, energy statements, and sustainable construction statements;
- Strategic technical work around the extraction, sourcing and use of sustainable construction materials;
- Support for the delivery of challenging sustainability requirements across large residential developments including embodied carbon, circular economy, BREEAM, Code for Sustainable 6. - Homes and zero carbon homes.
Due to the range of work you will need to demonstrate a broad, technical and project management background with evidence of working on award-winning sustainable developments.
As a Sustainability Associate, you will be required to:
- - Develop new business leads
- - Prepare clear scope of works and fee proposals for clients
- - Lead client accounts and ensure the quality of work is to the high standards KLH clients have come to expect and to budget
- - Support the technical development of junior team members including helping to structure client reports, providing constructive review and feedback, and encouraging innovative analysis of data
- - Engage with main developers, architects, engineers, and contractors to develop and deliver sustainable solutions.
The role will require you to be a flexible multitasker who is self-motivated and ambitious. In return, we offer an independent and trusting work environment.
All team members are expected to have a broad understanding of sustainability, with each team member developing and in-depth technical knowledge in selected areas. Our preference is for an associate with a good technical understanding in one or more of the following areas:
- - UK planning process and associated documentation
- - Environmental management of construction sites and sustainability reporting for contractors
- - Circular economy
- - Embodied carbon and life-cycle carbon assessments
- - Health and wellbeing considerations in building design
- - A minimum of 8 years’ experience working in sustainability consultancy, design or construction
- - Degree in any subject relevant to the built environment but an engineering, environmental science or architectural background is preferred
- - Ability to learn new subject areas quickly and confidently
- - Attention to detail and excellent written skills
- - Good technical and analytical skills
- - A curious mind with a desire to explore new ideas
- - The ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines
- - Ability to work independently
- - A small and supportive working environment
- - Competitive salary, responding to level of experience
- - 4% pension contribution provided a 5% personal contribution is made (in alignment with minimum national requirements)
- - 25 days annual leave per year (bank holidays excluded) increasing by one day per year to a maximum of 28 days
- - Payment of a professional subscription
- - Flexible working, including home-working
KLH Sustainability is an equal opportunities employer. You must have the right to work in the UK.
Applications to include cover letter and a CV to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Deadline for applications 21st July 2019. Candidates should be available for interview the week commencing 5th August 2019.