23 February 2022
By The KLH Team
We are looking for a Sustainability Advisor!
KLH Sustainability is looking for a Sustainability Advisor to join their London-based team.
What KLH offer
- -A collaborative work environment in a small, trusting, and supportive team formed of people from different backgrounds who come together in the ambition to make a positive change through our work.
- -As an employee-owned business, all employees are encouraged to contribute their ideas and opinions on the direction and management of the business.
- -£30,000 – 40,000 salary, depending on experience (based on a 37.5 hours working week).
- -4% pension contribution based on a 5% personal contribution.
- -Annual bonus opportunities in line with our Employee Benefit Trust status.
- -We are proactive in our learning and encourage employees to take ownership of their professional development. We offer:
- -Payment of a professional subscription such as IEMA or CIBSE.
- -An internal mentorship programme.
- -Up to 20 days a year for professional and personal growth including regular lunch-time CPDs.
- -A transparent environment where salary and how to progress is not a secret!
- -An opportunity to attend client meetings from day one, and the opportunity to take the lead on projects when you feel ready, with support from senior management.
- -25 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing by one day per year to a maximum of 28 days.
- -Flexible working with a minimum of 3 days a week in the office (for a full-time position). Your core office working hours can be reviewed and agreed with your line manager depending on other life commitments you may have.
- -Two weeks remote working allowance each year (i.e. away from the office and your usual home-working set-up). This is used by our employees to extend their stay at a holiday location or with family abroad, and facilitates travelling at non-peak times.
- -We are open to explore part-time opportunities.
- -We believe in the positive impact that we can have outside our direct project work and offer two days paid volunteering per year for employees to get involved in a cause that they want to give back to.
What KLH do
Our mission is to accelerate change by making sustainability accessible to all.
KLH Sustainability are sustainable construction and regeneration specialists. We support clients – developers, architects, contractors, and others - to take advantage of the opportunities sustainability presents in both the short and longer term. Our pragmatic, problem solving approach adds value across a programme’s lifecycle from strategy development through to implementation and legacy.
The scale of projects and the type of clients we work with is diverse; 1,500 zero carbon homes on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, a circular economy strategy for one of the UK’s largest housing associations, the Earth’s favourite healthy drinks factory for Innocent Drinks, and a London development of ten lifecycle carbon neutral homes that pays back the embodied carbon of construction within 15 years of operation.
We are a small team who are fortunate to work on large projects, where our impact can be significant. We believe honest communication and a problem-solving approach is fundamental to building strong relationships and this is reflected in the number of repeat and long-term clients we have.
We are a dynamic team of professionals who believe in what we do. We consider diversity a critical factor in providing quality advice and solutions to our clients. The common thread that binds us is the values that each team member embodies:
Our business is committed to providing advice and making decisions that benefit the natural environment, local communities and our work force. We are currently awaiting our BCorp audit to validate our commitment and approach.
The ideal candidate
As a micro-enterprise our job roles and functions are not restricted to a fixed set of duties. Daily activities include diverse support on project work and all employees are encouraged to play a role in wider business management duties. There are a however few core requirements for this position:
- -2-5 years’ experience working in a consultancy or practice related to sustainability and/or the wider construction industry. We would be particularly interested in hearing from you if you have experience in building services or structural engineering and are looking to focus your career towards sustainability.
- -A broad understanding of sustainability, complimented by a specific area of technical expertise or specialist knowledge.
- -Awareness of commercial constraints such as timeliness and cost.
- -Good numerical and analytical skills to undertake technical analysis.
- -An appreciation of the multitude of players in the built environment sector and how they interact.
- -Good written skills, including clear and concise report writing.
- -A willingness to initiate one on one conversations, with the capability to adapt your communication style to a wide range of stakeholders.
- -Comfortable in delivering presentations and facilitating workshops – or a desire to develop this skill under the guidance of senior team members.
- -An ability to work with autonomy and take initiative with approaching other team members for support and advice as required.
- -A curious mind with a desire to explore ideas and learn new subject areas.
- -An interest in supporting internal business activities and actively contribute our internal ‘working groups’ that aim to improve the efficiency of our work, and effectively manage our business growth.
- -Proactive engagement with other KLHers. Offer support to meet deadlines or a chat over a cup of coffee, if someone looks like they need it!
We are looking for a human not a superhero. If you don’t embody all qualities listed above (yet), but they speak to you and you can relate to KLH’s mission, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
How to apply
KLH Sustainability is an equal opportunities employer and we are actively seeking to expand the diversity of our small team. You must have the right to work in the UK. KLH cannot offer sponsorship to those without the right to work in the UK.
To apply, send a CV and 150 words explaining why you are interested to pursue a career in sustainability or indeed, what has led you to this career to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 25th March 2022, however we will be scheduling rolling interviews for interesting candidates, therefore you are encouraged to apply at your earliest convenience. Interviews can be held both remotely and in real life in our London office, depending on your preference.